An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a leading Local Authority as Programme Lead working within the of Commissioning Projects across Public Health and ASC workstreams. This role manages the delivery of commissioning, transformation and service improvement activity across the directorate and provides strong leadership and effective management to a portfolio of cross-functional commissioning and transformation projects to achieve improved outcomes for service users.
Temporary assignment 12 weeks in the first instance
Hourly rate £22.00 - £25.00 paye
Interviews to be held as soon as possible with a view to an immediate start.
This role will be a remote homeworking position (under Covid restrictions)
- Responsibility for, effective management of the interface between commissioning strategy and market response.
- Manage the delivery of high quality commissioning and transformation projects, providing ownership, leadership and expertise across the commissioning cycle to ensure high quality services, desired outcomes and improved efficiencies.
- Entrench strong project management principles and practice, ensuring that key milestones are met, risks identified and the project delivers the service outcomes and savings identified
- Develop effective working relationships to drive effective joint delivery of commissioning strategy, market development and/or service transformation
- effective negotiation and influencing skills to deliver the best commercial outcomes for the council(s)
- Support performance or contract management as required, providing expert input on strategy objectives and ensuring effective management against KPIs
- To manage risk effectively throughout the commissioning and transformation cycles, ensuring timely mitigation and/or escalation as appropriate. To ensure compliance in relation to procurement, legal and financial requirements, governance arrangements and best practice
- To use knowledge of service delivery and market insights to inform and steer service delivery strategies, supporting the work of strategic commissioners
- To support the development of commissioning strategies through effective forward planning, identifying opportunities for service and market development and contributing to category and commissioning strategies. To promote, integrated and forward-looking approaches to service delivery through proactive horizon scanning, challenge and innovation.
- To ensure that partners, stakeholders and service users are effectively engaged and involved
- To manage operational delivery of the commissioning cycle at all stages:
Assess: To manage commissioning and transformation activity based on robust analysis, ensuring that decisions are evidence based and congruent with wider drivers and priorities. To support the delivery of effective and robust spend analysis, market and vendor analysis, business performance analysis, need and customer analysis, service best practice and benchmarking analysis and alternative delivery and service model analysis to inform evidence based commissioning and transformation strategies/plans.
Plan: To identify and shape credible target outcomes as well as service design and delivery models within effective commissioning strategies and plans to drive innovation, saving propositions and service improvement. To underpin target outcomes with the development of robust performance management frameworks
Deliver: To deliver commissioning and transformation strategies and plans through the delivery of robust market development, technical procurement, service implementation/ contract mobilisation, performance management, savings and VFM realisation and change and outcome delivery. d.
Review: To ensure that effective performance management or contract management frameworks are embedded and result in strong service and commercial delivery. To ensure that service outcomes are routinely evaluated, monitored and delivered and identified savings and value for money is realised. To review wider category and vendor outcomes and to feed intelligence into future commissioning and transformation decision making.
Are you the Programme Lead we are looking for? Are you available immediately
submit your CV now for review.