Grants/Economic Development Officer
Duration Initially 12 week contract
£19.50-£21.00 per hour
Interviews to take place ASAP
An Excellent opportunity has arisen to work for a London local authority for a Grants/ Economic Development Officer to work on a 12 week contract
As Grants/ Economic Development Officer you will provide support to the Business Manager and the wider Economic Development Team in the development and successful delivery of new approaches to business engagement and enterprise programmes and projects that ensure the achievement of the Industrial Strategy and inclusive economy ambitions.
You will build support to business support networks and to provide a bridge between key business networks, most importantly BIDs, and other services areas of the organising , identifying and supporting collaboration and business friendly practise across different service areas.
- Build and maintain relationships, coordination, sign-posting, referrals, quality standards and opportunities for collaborative/ joint bidding and delivery within the business and enterprise support sector.
- Provide an effective and efficient customer focused service, including the preparation of structured communications, including a monthly newsletter, and drafting appropriately informed responses to formal and informal enquiries from senior officers, councillors, partners and the public
- Maintain and develop working relationships with property management agents, managed work space providers and a range of landlords/property agents to ensure a good understanding of the supply of vacant commercial premises, using this information to support and manage business enquiries.
- Deliver a range of activities either directly or through third party organisations; design activities and/or workshops that will support enterprise development, to sustain build existing businesses as well as introduce and promote small businesses to major contractors and buyers in the public and private sector.
- Operate a CRM/database to engage, promote programmes, track outputs/outcomes i.e. businesses engaged, support provided, jobs created, contract awards etc.
- Provide high quality written and oral briefings, policy advice and reports for senior officers and stakeholders.
Are you the candidate we are looking for submit your CV now for review.