An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a leading Local Authority as Strategic Commissioner within the of Commissioning Projects across Public Health and ASC workstreams this role will report to Assistant Director Health and Social Care Commissioning
Temporary assignment 12 weeks in the first instance
Hourly rate £40.00 - £43.00 (paye)
Interviews to be held as soon as possible with a view to an immediate start.
This role will be a remote homeworking position (under Covid restrictions)
- As Strategic Commissioner you will be responsible for the end-to-end strategic direction and delivery of commissioning, transformation and service improvement activity across Adult Social Care and Public Health
- Provide senior programme leadership across a portfolio of commissioning and transformation projects and lead cross-functional project teams to ensure the delivery of improved service outcomes, value for money and financial savings
- Provide cross-cutting commissioning and commercial expertise at each stage of the commissioning cycle
- Ensure that commissioning and transformation activity provides bespoke and sovereign solutions that reflects local needs and drivers
- To lead and deliver a programme of commissioning (including procurement activity) and transformation projects of a combined portfolio worth c. £100m, providing ownership, leadership and expertise across the commissioning cycle to ensure that high quality services, desired outcomes and improved efficiencies are achieved.
- Manage a range of complex and contentious matters requiring a high degree of personal ability to influence and support key partners.
- Embed effective project, change and risk management frameworks throughout the commissioning cycle
- Build and lead cross-functional teams (including Procurement, Legal, Finance, the Contracts Team and Adult Services colleagues) through a combination of direct line management and matrix management to ensure that maximum value and outcomes are achieved from commissioning and transformation projects
- To lead the development of service improvement, transformation and commercial awareness across the ASC and PH service and to facilitate the full engagement of key partners across the Health and Care system.
- To proactively develop and manage markets in order to meet current and future service needs
- To embed commercial considerations into each phase of the commissioning cycle, ensuring that market interest and capacity are understood and shaped and that maximum value is derived from sourcing activity and opportunities for efficiencies or savings are realised
- To ensure that commissioning activity is aligned to political, strategic and financial drivers and priorities in each sovereign authority and that decision makers are effectively engaged
- To ensure that stakeholders and service users are effectively engaged and involved in service improvement, transformation and commissioning activity
- Manage risks and ensure compliance in relation to procurement, legal and financial requirements, governance arrangements and best practice
- To ensure that effective performance management and contract management frameworks
- Ensure safeguarding is a high priority and ensure all direct reports are aware of their responsibilities in their Department and that issues are recognised and escalated as appropriate
- To embed effective forward planning and to proactively identify opportunities for service and market development and aligned category and commissioning strategies
- To lead and manage the end-to end delivery of the commissioning cycle
For a full job description contact Patricia email@example.com
Are you the Programme Lead we are looking for? Are you available immediately
submit your CV now for review.