Wanted an Experienced Property Consultant for a transformation and Corporate Property Services for a London Borough Council.
This is a 3 month Fixed Term Assignment (potential for extension)
Location – West London
Daily rate: £600.00 - £800.00 (outside IR35)
Interviews to take place as soon as possible with a view to a start soon after.
A professional and dynamic property consultant for a fixed-term engagement, tasked with reshaping the people structure within corporate property services for a prominent London borough council. The overarching goal is to align the organisation with contemporary demands, incorporating benchmarks, market trends, and a thorough assessment of current and future needs. this transformation will consider pivotal commitments like achieving net zero and the establishment of their new campus buildings.
Scope of responsibilities:
As Property Consultant your focus on functions such as asset management, soft facilities management, and hard facilities management, all of which fall under the purview of the director of property & planning, serving as the primary sponsor for this initiative.
- Demonstrable, proven experience with in Property Sector
- strong analytical and critical evaluation skills
- confident communication with diverse stakeholders
- Asset management experience
- empathy, listening, and self-awareness for navigating a complex environment
- leadership experience in property services at a senior level
- organisational design expertise, particularly in complex organisations (local authorities, public sector authorities)
- knowledge of the local government property landscape
- previous experience as a consultant or in leading fixed-term assignments
As Property Consultant (Specialist) you will be expected to produce a comprehensive consultation report that will serve as the blueprint for restructuring corporate property services. this report should include, but is not limited to:
- pestle analysis and a summary of forces affecting property
- benchmarking data with other authorities and comparable organisations
- appraisal of resourcing options, comparing in-house options with agency and works contractor options
- summary of requirements from the council’s new civic campus and net zero program
- application of the council’s hybrid working policy to job descriptions
- recommendations for ensuring equality, diversity, and inclusion across property and construction
- training needs analysis and a recommended training & development plan
- new job descriptions and role adverts as required
As Property Consultant (Specialist) you will be required to design an approach that aligns with the deliverables and pre-consultation actions outlined in the Organisational HR Restructure project plan.
You will be reporting to the steering group, comprised of key stakeholders, will oversee the project. this includes:
- Strategic Director Economy
- Director of Property & Planning
- Assistant Director, Corporate Property Services
- HR Business Partner
- Assistant Director, corporate property services (regular point of contact for Property Consultant).
If you have the skills and experience required for this role and would like to make a difference for the community and service delivery for a London Borough. Submit your CV now for immediate review.