A call of duty for those who truly care!
Working for a West London based city council. We are looking for Duty Careline Officer's.
The purpose of this role is:
To provide an emergency visiting and call handling support service for the Council's Careline service which operates 24/7.
To be responsible for the operation of the Council's Careline & Emergency Control Room during core operational hours, although maybe required to work outside office hours.
Undertaking this position; some key responsibilities of the role are:
- To respond to all telephone & alarm calls, providing a link between the caller and appropriate services by assessing the nature of emergency calls, prioritising level of urgency and responding accordingly.
- To visit service users where necessary, driving to the property (Company car provided), identifying the extent of practical and emotional support required and contacting and liaising with other emergency services, agencies, next of kin etc., as appropriate.
- To be responsible for maintaining an accurate computerised record of all calls and requests for assistance from internal and external Departments and agencies and to assess such requests and liaise with the appropriate personnel.
- To respond accordingly to all housing/repair issues for all Sheltered Housing, Housing Associations and Trust tenants, by calling the appropriate service
- To deal with all OOH homeless calls to assess the callers needs and arrange for emergency housing if legally required. (Out of Hours duties)
If you feel you would be an asset to the team here and/or would like to find out more, then please send in your CV today!