We are currently seeking a highly motivated and experienced Building Safety Manager to join our team. As the Building Safety Manager, you will play a crucial role in ensuring compliance with the Building Safety Act 2022, managing HRRBs, and maintaining the Golden Thread of Information for buildings 18m and above.
- Provide specialist professional and technical advice to the Accountable person, including representing the organisation in hearings, adjudications, and legal proceedings.
- Prepare safety case files and reports for submission to the Building Safety Regulator / HSE.
- Engage with residents in high-rise and higher-risk buildings to address and monitor fire/structural safety concerns.
- Manage direct liaison between LBHF and the Building Safety Regulator.
- Prepare specifications for projects to ensure compliance with Health & Safety and Fire regulations.
- Collaborate with the Planned and Capital Team, inspecting the quality of work during planned programmes.
- Conduct random inspections within the housing stock to maintain high standards of fire safety management.
- Work with the London Fire Brigade’s inspector to audit LBHF Fire Risk Assessments and undertake joint inspections.
- Advise and audit/inspect repair and maintenance contractor’s works for compliance with approved materials and products.
- Deliver presentations to tenants and leaseholders on fire safety and contribute articles to resident newsletters.
- Provide advice on fire safety to vulnerable tenants through one-on-one meetings.
- Assist the Health and Safety manager in developing, reviewing, and maintaining Fire Safety strategies, policies, and a Fire Safety database.
- Prepare reports on fire safety as required.
- Prioritise and address resident complaints and member inquiries within Council’s timescales and standards.
- Positive intervention and management support based on specialist knowledge and research.
- Flexibility to work beyond normal office hours in response to job demands, including emergency situations.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Stay updated on legislation, technology advances, and best practices related to the role.
To be successful in this role, you should have a proven track record in building safety management, strong communication skills, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment. If you are passionate about ensuring the safety of high-rise and higher-risk buildings, we would love to hear from you.