A highly prestigious and famous educational body based in the heart of London are recruiting for a part time Membership Development Officer (3 days per week).
This is a part time, permanent role paying £25,350 per annum plus £2,400 car allowance – interviews will be taking place in June 2021.
The post holder will provide support and guidance to aspiring and current members in the London and South East area. This involves meeting potential members in groups or individually and explaining the various routes to help them get professionally qualified at the appropriate level. Current members may need advice on progressing their professional qualifications. The role includes the opportunity to interface with a broad spectrum of related employer organisations and educational establishments.
- Actively seeking and implementing initiatives to develop our membership base including technicians and apprentices.
- Undertaking activities to promote and grow membership.
- Providing support, advice and guidance to members and non-members.
- Providing support, advice and guidance to employers on professional development.
- Developing links with educational bodies including various colleges and universities.
- Working closely with the existing development officers to ensure a consistency of approach.
- Ensuring that organisational membership records are kept up to date.
- Candidates must be educated to degree level or have equivalent experience of civil engineering and/or training and development. A professionally qualified (EngTech, IEng or CEng) engineer (or a broad knowledge of Civil Engineering) would be desirable, though not essential.
- Previous experience in liaising with a wide audience of people, along with the ability to engage and relate to members of the engineering and education professions.
- Attention to detail and the ability to turn technical material into non-technical outputs are essential, as is the ability to target and engage a diverse range of audiences.
- Ability to work alone and as part of a multi-functional team, while managing a number of tasks effectively is key to this role.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to prepare and deliver presentations. You will be comfortable in dealing with people on a personal and group basis.
- Excellent knowledge of all MS Office applications.
- There will be a need to work outside “normal office hours” on occasions.