Executive Team Administrator required by a world famous and established charitable organisation based in central London to assist the Executive Assistant and Chief of Staff in providing administrative support to the senior management team and Board.
The postholder will be responsible for managing all correspondence received by the Senior Management Team, drafting well-judged responses and handling the Director General’s complex diary. You will have the confidence to liaise with a broad range of stakeholders, including Government Ministers and other stakeholders. In addition, you will provide assistance to the Director General’s Chief of Staff and have experience of building and uploading meeting packs as well as monitoring key deadlines.
This is a full time, permanent role, working 35 hours per week – Monday to Friday – paying circa £24-26k per annum – hybrid working (2 days office and 3 days remote/home working)
- Manage all correspondence
- Complex diary management, including compiling and coordinating appointments, meetings and events
- Prepare basic briefings ahead of key events and meetings
- Assist with senior management team meetings; keeping track of all requests and correspondence sent/received, on behalf of the organisation
- Provide general support to the EA, as required
- Directly assist the Director in the EA’s absence
- Assisting the Director’s Chief of Staff with diary management, building and uploading meeting packs, monitoring key deadlines and other ad hoc dutiesUndertake research projects
- Organise travel and accommodation for the Director, using the in-house booking system.Assist with the maintenance of budgets, ensuring invoices and expense claims are submitted and authorised appropriately
- Fielding calls directed to the team, as appropriateProduce a basic agenda for the weekly Directors’ meeting
- Attending meetings and minute taking
The post holder must have strong Microsoft Office skills, have excellent written communication skills, with a high level of attention to detail and the ability to build relationships across the organisation. You must be proactive, ready to learn and come with a positive attitude.