Volunteer and Development Executive required by a well known membership organisation in central London. You will be responsible for overseeing the Continuing Professional Development (CPD) license activities, working alongside colleagues in the Marketing and IT teams to deliver the annual audit of members’ CPD records. They will also assist in providing a high standard of feedback to members participating in the audits.
The post-holder will also be responsible for supervising the volunteers involved in membership application processes. This will include producing regular, detailed training reports to support global assessment activities. An important part of the role will be monitoring volunteer performance and providing individualised feedback where appropriate.
The ideal candidate should have experience of working with volunteers and members and must be able to demonstrate sound judgment and diplomacy in order to deliver desirable outcomes. A high level of customer service and stakeholder management is essential.
This is a full-time permanent role – paying circa £28k per annum plus benefits – currently remote working – interviews in January 2022
- Coordinate the annual CPD audit across a representative sample of registered members, ensuring maximum engagement and timely delivery.
- Recruit, train and manage the cohort of volunteer CPD Assessors, ensuring it is of a sufficient quantity and quality to undertake the annual audit.
- Take ownership of reviewing CPD Assessors’ feedback, ensuring that all feedback is of an acceptable standard and complies with guidelines. Provide constructive guidance to Assessors where appropriate.
- Produce regular statistical and usage reports on CPD audit and related activities.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures related to CPD, both internally and for the wider membership base.
- Advise colleagues within the organisation in relation to CPD communication plans and campaigns, CPD news content and CPD web content.
- Support the CPD Assessment Committee, including succession planning, setting the agenda, preparing formal papers, carrying out actions and taking minutes at meetings.
- Take the lead in responding to CPD-related queries by phone, email, and online media.
- Maintain an ongoing volunteer performance log, ensuring that any individual development needs are identified, tracked and appropriate feedback is given to the volunteers in question.
- Act as the primary point of contact for the international interview coordinators. Provide them with regular reports on active volunteers and advise on training needs as appropriate.
- Produce regular training data reports to support the membership application process, ensuring that all such data is accurate and up to date.
- Provide support for accreditation activities, including accreditation visits, volunteer training and committee meetings where necessary, along with the administrative processes which surround these.