Committee and Governance Administrator required by a leading membership organisation based in central London. You will be an integral part of a small team responsible for the organisation’s governance, compliance, assurance and risk management functions. The postholder will coordinate and manage the professional secretariat services for senior governance committees and associated corporate activities. The role requires a proactive and diligent approach to providing high quality support for senior colleagues and members, and driving forward the work of committees to achieve their objectives and targets.
This is a full time permanent role, paying £30k per annum plus benefits – currently remote working – interviews will be in January 2022.
- Organise committee meetings including the logistics, member liaison, and the preparation of papers, and production of pre- and post-meeting document packs.
- Take notes of meeting discussions and produce accurate and timely minutes of meetings.
- Assist with establishing the working practices and support mechanisms for new committees such as for key documentation, file hierarchy and security, databases, decision logs and record keeping.
- Keep action logs and assist members with the completion of tasks to met deadlines and specified outcomes.
- Undertake desk research and produce draft reports and recommendations.
- Process routine financial transactions and maintain budget records.
- Create committee induction packs and arrange training for new members.
- Track and proactively drive the coordination, management and delivery of actions and implementation of decisions; keep team members and senior staff informed of the status of work.
- Work with colleagues to set up committee webpages and maintain the accuracy and currency of the information.
- Provide high quality secretariat support to members; act as a central point-of-contact and respond to general enquiries from internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop productive and sustainable relationships with stakeholders.
- Assist colleagues with departmental projects and activities to evolve the body’s governance and risk management practices, capabilities and standards.