Events Operations Coordinator required by a membership organisation in Central London. The postholder will provide support to events operations staff with the administration of their events to ensure a positive delegate experience. These will include conferences, lectures, seminars, corporate functions and meetings and other ad hoc other events with up to several hundred attendees. They will also be responsible for managing the operational requirements for a small portfolio of events (seminars, lectures, and Webinars) whilst keeping within the agreed event budget, to ensure the organisation delivery of its events is of the best quality.
This is permanent, full-time role – paying £27,500 per annum plus benefits – based in central London – interviews will be in February 2022
- Answering delegate queries both electronically, over the phone, and in person promptly to ensure a high standard of customer service.
- Registration of delegates to ensure delegates are booked on events.
- Monitoring events/papers inbox to ensure that all communication is answered in a timely manner.
- Supply pre-event communication to delegates to ensure delegates receive correct and accurate information.
- Work with other departments to create specific guests lists for specialist topic events to ensure that relevant people receive invitations to events.
- Communicate with authors, speakers re presentations and audio-visual requirements where necessary to ensure the smooth running of events.
- Administration of sponsor and exhibitor contracts, ensuring their requirements are met.
- Preparing KPI reports to monitor department performance.
- Preparation and issue of delegate badges and information to ensure smooth registration process on the day of an event.
- Processing submissions of technical synopses and papers on database and liaising with authors accordingly to ensure that gathered information is recorded and stored correctly for further use.
- Record minutes at meetings (occasional) to ensure records are accurately kept.
- Analysis and interpretation of financial information to generate commercial revenue reports on a weekly basis to management team.
- Create concise joining instructions to ensure delegates are fully aware of event details before attending.
- Create running orders for speaker and chairpersons to ensure they are fully briefed on timings and structure of lecture/conference.
- Running speaker rehearsals whether online or in person to ensure speakers are fully briefed and comfortable with all equipment at the venue/on the platform.
- Assisting with /managing events on the day to ensure a smooth delegate, speaker, and exhibitor experience.
- Manage suppliers for each event (venue, printers, photographer, etc.)
- Train, mentor, and coach Admin assistant to ensure that administrative procedures are of a sufficient professional standard across all events.
- Processing registration fees to ensure that delegates are confirmed and booked on events.
- A thorough understanding of current events and delegate registration processes
- Experience sourcing suppliers/venues
- Experience in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Experience in online events is desired
- Excellent customer service skills