Business Intelligence (BI) Operations Manager required to support the expansion and continuing success of a leading local government organisation in central London. With the Head of Service, the Operations Manager will oversee the Technology and Innovation Hub of BI, consisting of a team of developers and analysts. The hub manages the BI data warehouse infrastructure, maintaining existing analytical and technology products and spotting opportunities to use data in new ways to support organisational objectives, realise efficiencies and improve service delivery to residents. You will also oversee analysts that provide business intelligence to various departments and deliver corporate intelligence, insight and analytical products and solutions.
This is a ONE YEAR FIXED TERM CONTRACT – working full time hours – salary circa £55-59k pro rata – interviews asap
You will have demonstratable expertise in BI and systems that support the effective delivery of BI projects/ products. You don’t need to be a technical expert but you will understand how various technologies can be applied for business intelligence. The Operations Manager will be part of the management team of BI and will support the effective operation of the service. The role will be hands on but also responsible for coaching and managing staff to support their performance.
- Oversee the effective management and deployment of the Technology and Innovation Hub
- Oversee the management, maintenance and enhancements of the BI data warehouse and CRM systems, which will be managed day to day by developers
- Lead on the development and design of BI solutions to departments of the Council including corporate projects and priorities
- Spot opportunities to use the Council’s data in new imaginative ways to support organisational objectives, realise efficiencies and improve service delivery to residents.
- Maximise the value from existing and new BI savings products.
- Oversee the further evolution of the Council’s performance framework, ensuring robust performance and intelligence is reported corporately and improvement actions are taken
- Oversee evidence-basing and intelligence work to support strategic assessments, needs assessments, borough profiles, Resident Commissions and Council policy and priorities.
- Effectively lead, inspire, supervise and coach analysts and developers ensuring that a collaborative working environment is created and staff are developed within their roles.
- To support the management and strategy of the BI service and develop and implement operational practices, policies and procedures.
- Lead on the mapping and quality assurance of business processes. Ensure that processes are optimised and reengineered to make services more efficient and effective.
- Effectively manage relationships with a wide range of stakeholders including matrix working with other business intelligence resources in the Council, department management teams and senior leaders, service managers and external partners, ensuring good working relationships are built and maintained and customer satisfaction.
- To ensure data privacy, processing and information rights compliance by managing the administration of information, application systems, technology and staff.
Essential skills and requirements:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in relevant subject
- Appropriate analytical qualification in SQL, PowerBI, Microsoft BI Stack.
- Experience of working within an agile environment with an appropriate agile qualification.
- Proven ability to lead and drive forward a BI function with 7+ years’ experience.
- Knowledge of BI technical capabilities/ technology and how these can be implemented to improve service performance.
- Proven experience of using advanced analytical techniques and statistical packages
- Managerial experience of building and leading high-performance teams
- Demonstratable experience of business process mapping and re-engineering to realise performance improvement
- Experience of leading collaborative workshops with a wide range of stakeholders.