HR Officer required by an international membership organisation based in central London. The postholder will help provide first class HR advisory and support services. Working closely with the Head of HR & Compliance, you will have a range of responsibilities including recruitment, supporting managers with HR matters, all aspects of HR administration, reviewing policies and procedures and becoming an expert in the HR database functions. This is a small team so there will be opportunities to get involved and to input into a wide range of HR matters and projects.
This is a full time, permanent role, salary circa £36-37k per annum, offices in central London (currently remote working, with a blend of remote and office working once offices re-open). Interviews asap.
You will be CIPD qualified and will have experience of providing HR advice and HR administration. Experience of working in a membership organisation would be an advantage.
- Act as the first point of contact for queries regarding HR policies and procedures referring to colleagues when appropriate.
- Provide HR advice and assistance for managers and colleagues including providing training in HR procedures and supporting performance or conduct management.
- Review and draft updates to HR policies and procedures.
- Co-ordinate and administer the full recruitment and induction process from setting up the vacancy and interviews on our Applicant Tracking System and interviewing when appropriate to drafting offer letters and contracts, ensuring all documentation is collected and checked before new joiners start employment and providing HR induction sessions.
- Ensure the HR database is up to date and accurate at all times, provide assistance for colleagues regarding self-service and become an expert in the administration of the system, making use of automation functions when possible.
- Prepare the monthly payroll submission, making best use of technology available to streamline the process and liaising with line managers when appropriate to ensure all documentation is accurate and ready for authorisation before the payroll deadline.
- Liaise with the Governance and Compliance Officer to ensure that appropriate induction and e-learning training is scheduled for colleagues.
- Liaise with line managers to identify and organise appropriate developmental training for colleagues.
- Maintain appropriate, effective filing and archiving systems for both manual and electronic records including systems to ensure that time-bound HR issues are flagged and followed up.
- Manage the HR email inbox and determine the appropriate course of action, drafting responses where appropriate and referring to the Head of HR & Compliance for advice where necessary.
- Organise the annual training/away day and annual social event in liaison with the HR and Compliance team.
- Contribute to and/or lead relevant projects from time to time.
- Consider the potential data protection implications before using or storing any personal data, referring to the Data Protection Policy or seeking advice as necessary.