Wanted a Generalist HR Consultant for a local council based in West London is this for 6 month period to support the HR Department. (potential to extend beyond 6 months)
Role: HR Consultant
Duration: 6 months
Location: West London
Pay Rate: £25.00 to £30.00 per hour PAYE
Interview to take place ASAP with a view to an immediate start
- Improving the effectiveness of Human Resource services people management practise, including management, organisational design, change management and continuous improvement.
- Effective stakeholder relationships that allow line of sight throughout the organisation and the rapid deployment of key corporate initiatives.
- Management and oversight of complex case work in a timely manner, including ensuring recommendations for learning and improvement are implemented fully.
- Coaching capacity for line managers as part of their development or through specific interventions.
- Talent Acquisition and recruitment process, ownership of the temporary resourcing requirements of the council, ensuring planned activity, contract management and effective monitoring of temporary resources.
- Proposals and the delivery for key recruitment campaigns aligned to service plans and/or key talent programmes such as apprenticeships, graduate etc.
- Conduct employee onboarding and help organise training & development initiatives
- Provide support to employees in various HR-related topics such as leaves and compensation and resolve any issues that may arise
- Learning & Development – the delivery of key products for learning and development, maximising the use of technology and discretionary learning opportunities.
- Policy Development – the delivery of clear, succinct, and relevant policies and procedures that are technically correct but allow for managers and employee experience to be reflected in the tone and approach.
- Promote HR programs to create an efficient and conflict-free workplace
- Employee Experience - opportunities for employee experiences including regular benefits and activities, one off big events and tailored experiences for targeted groups of staff.
- Insight and measurement into the motivators and views of employees, including the ability to increase participation and satisfaction.
- Undertake tasks around performance management
- Gather and analyse data with useful HR metrics, eg time to hire and employee turnover rates
- Organise quarterly and annual employee performance reviews
- Maintain employee files and records in electronic and paper form
- Enhance job satisfaction by resolving issues promptly, applying for new perks and benefits and organising team building activities
- Ensure compliance with labour regulations
- Design a detailed target operating model and act as the design authority for the council. Design principles and analysis of existing organisation structures and organisation of work across a complex system.
- Job design aligned to future technology and ways of working.
- Proposals for service reorganisations, change management and new skills and development requirements.
- Experience in Employee Relations
- Experience in Job Evaluations
- Experience using SAP
- Experience working for a local council/ local government (ideally)
- CIPD Level 5 or above
Full job description available
Submit your CV now for review