Head of Sustainability
Based C London
Salary: £62,000 - £65,000 per annum plus benefits
Permanent| Hybrid role
Interviews to take place as soon as possible with a view to a start March 2022
Wanted a Head of Sustainability for a much respected, long established and highly active Membership Trade Association. As Head of Sustainability, you will be responsible for leading implementation of the strategy for sustainable within the tourism sector including climate change, local impact, human rights and animal welfare.
You will be responsible for champion the industry's actions and response to Sustainability building effective relationships with Members and key stakeholders to encourage wider participation in sustainability activities as part business approach and promoting and facilitating cross-sector collaboration.
- Develop and implement strategy on sustainability - identify emerging developments on the sustainable tourism agenda which may impact on Member and Stakeholder businesses
- Work with the communications team, internal stakeholders to develop an overarching sustainability messaging, support public affairs and policy
- Develop consumer messaging and champion industry action, acting as Ambassador on behalf of the organisation - participating on panels, events, conferences etc.
- Support public affairs function to represent Member interests
- Member engagement - develop a programme of sustainability support, including products /services and provide practical guidance and advice.
- Be the organisation's/ industry Ambassador for sustainable development, products and services
- Organise the Sustainable Committee, ensuring it is representative of industry sectors, strategically managing committee activities to deliver against Sustainable Plan objectives.
- Measure progress across the Membership through the sustainability indicator survey.
- Develop strategic relationships with industry stakeholders, experts, NGOs and other relevant bodies
- Promote proactive, integrated destination management with destination representatives and governments.
- Responsible for managing the budget, performance and personal development of the Sustainability team
- Ensure access to sustainability expertise, signposting to external experts where appropriate
Skills and experience:
- Ability to build and manage both internal and external relationships
- Strong experience working on both internal and external Sustainability Strategy
- Strong reporting and communications skills
- Ability to work with, persuade, and influence business leaders and product owners
- Experience and knowledge of sustainability issues in travel industry sector highly desirable
- Ability to engage on sustainability issues in the context of a commercial environment, recognising the balance which can need to be struck between sustainability matters and other business imperatives
- Strategic thinker with the expertise to make decisions where appropriate
- Public speaker and confident communicator
- Experience of developing and delivering against measurable objectives
This is an exciting role with the opportunity to have a real impact on the sustainability agenda
Do you have the skills and experience to take up this challenge.
Submit your CV for immediate review.
Interviews to take place end of April / early May 2022.