Head of Sustainability
Based C London
Salary: £62,000 - £65,000 per annum plus benefits
Permanent| Hybrid role
Interviews to take place as soon as possible with a view to a start March 2022
Wanted a Head of Sustainability for a much respected, long established and highly active Membership Trade Association. As Head of Sustainability, you will be responsible for leading implementation of the strategy for sustainable within the tourism/ leisure sector including climate change, local impact, human rights.You will champion the industry's actions and response to Sustainability, building effective relationships with Members and key stakeholders to encourage wider participation in sustainability activities as part business approach and promoting and facilitating cross-sector collaboration.
Skills and experience:
- Develop and implement strategy on sustainability - identify emerging developments on the sustainable tourism agenda which may impact on Member and Stakeholder businesses
- Develop overarching sustainability narrative
- Develop consumer messaging and champion industry action
- Support public affairs function to represent Member interests - acting as Ambassador on behalf of the organisation - organising and participating on panels, events, conferences etc.
- Member engagement - develop a programme of sustainability support, including products /services and provide practical guidance and advice.
- Be the organisation's/ industry Ambassador for sustainable development, products and services
- Organise the Sustainable Committee, ensuring it is representative of industry sectors, strategically managing committee activities to deliver against Sustainable Plan objectives.
- Measure progress across the Membership through the sustainability indicator survey.
- Develop strategic relationships with industry stakeholders, experts, NGOs and other relevant bodies
- Promote proactive, integrated destination management with destination representatives and governments.
- Responsible for managing the budget, performance and personal development of the Sustainability team
- Ensure access to sustainability expertise, signposting to external experts where appropriate
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to work for a dynamic, diverse and challenging sector. Do you have the skills and experience required for this opportunity?
- Ability to build and manage both internal and external relationships
- Strong experience working on both internal and external Sustainability Strategy
- Strong reporting and communications skills
- Ability to work with, persuade, and influence business leaders and product owners
- Public speaker and confident communicator
- Strategic thinker
- Experience and knowledge of sustainability issues in travel/ tourism/ leisure industry sector highly desirable
- Experience of developing and delivering against measurable objectives
- Ability to engage on sustainability issues in the context of a commercial environment, recognising the balance which needs struck between sustainability matters and other business imperatives
Submit your CV now for review.