A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a skilled Conference and Events organiser to join a much-respected educational institution that is responsible for setting standards in the medical field. This role will specifically be providing a project management service for a range of key events. These include national symposiums and academic training/professional development seminars.
Salary on offer £30K pa pro rata
Remote working (attendance at some events required)
This role is being offered as a 4-month fixed term contract
As Conference & Events organiser you will be responsible for the organisation of internal study days and mid-size conferences. Reporting and supporting the Events Manager
- Events will be delivered in both face-to-face and virtual environments.
- Reliably lead on the planning and delivery of assigned events
- Liaise effectively and proactively with programme leads.
- Book and liaise with venues including venue sourcing, proposal comparisons, contract negotiation, contract sign off within budgetary authority and invoice management.
- Produce proposals for events, including timelines, venues, suppliers, budgets staffing, identify mitigating and management of associated risks.
- Proactively manage online event registration, delegate bookings
- Proactively source and project manage events related logistics eg. venue hiring, AV requirements, caterers, exhibitors, floorplans, equipment hire, liaising and working with contractors and suppliers.
- Manage onsite and virtual event management, coordinating speakers, delegates etc.
- Produce study day programmes, delegate packs and other event or merchandise collateral adhering to brand guidelines.
- Research and promote opportunities for sponsorship for all events, creating sponsorship packages, confirming sponsorship acquisitions are fulfilled
- Manage external contracts/supplier relationships
- Work collaboratively to help and support colleagues in the delivery of events or components of large conferences as required.
- Develop strong relationships and liaise with the CPD Director, programme leads, the Executive team and members of Council.
- Manage and develop relationships with other key stakeholder
- Ensure adherence to insurance, legal, health and safety obligations.
- Ensure databases are maintained and comply with data protection legislation.
- Travel in the UK and overseas as necessary
- Reporting and Quality Assurance - Analyse and monitor delegate feedback and delegate numbers to inform and develop the educational programme for study days and marketing strategies practice.
The successful candidate will have a proactive, can-do attitude, alongside solid experience of running logistics for in-house events, from idea conception to delivery and post event reporting and analytics.
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted