PA To Chief Executive
Location: West London
Temporary Assignment (1st instance)
Duration : 12 weeks (possible extension)
Hourly rate to £22.70 (PAYE)
Wanted a PA to support the Chief Executive for a West London council
As the Chief Executive's PA will provide comprehensive, confidential and professional support, supporting on a daily basis to discharge their responsibilities effectively. This is a fast-paced, exciting and varied role, with no two days the same, whilst being extremely rewarding. You will act as a first point of contact for the Chief Executive for residents, members, the strategic leadership team and partner organisations. You will build effective working relationships with a wide range of people, representing the Chief Executive and gaining a reputation for being friendly and courteous.
- Manage the Chief Executive's day, organising appointments in line with priorities and that the right information is readily available at appropriate time
- Management and forward planning for the Chief Executive's diary against the annual calendar of meetings and events and priorities.
- Facilitate and support the Chief Executive's management boards, including producing agendas, taking minutes and taking ownership for the completion of actions.
- Undertake project work on behalf of the Chief Executive, researching issues, prepare information and short briefings.
- Ensure the smooth operation of the Chief Executive's Office, acting on your own initiative.
- Fully manage and/or support the organisation of events such as workshops, resident and partner engagements and seminars.
- Manage and maintain the electronic inbox of the Chief Executive, assessing and triaging enquiries in an efficient and effective manner.
- Drafting responses where required, commission work from senior managers behalf of the Chief Executive and ensure this work is fulfilled in a timely way against the Chief Executive's needs.
- Identify improvements to systems and processes, supporting the overall delivery of the service.
- Oversee enquiries from residents, local businesses and partners, resolving these at the first point of contact wherever possible.
- Exercise strong discretion and judgement on how enquiries should be handled, provide excellent customer service and act confidentially at all times.
- Oversee casework on behalf of the Chief Executive's office, including complaints and Freedom of Information requests.
- Provide comprehensive, confidential and professional support to the Chief Executive
- Act as a first point of contact for the Chief Executive for residents, members, the senior leadership team and partner organisations, providing excellent customer service and confidentiality at all times
- Manage filing systems for electronic and hardcopy data and information in line information management policies
- Support and facilitate management boards of the Chief Executive
- Undertake project work, including overseeing casework, preparing information and briefings and organising and managing events
- Ensure the smooth operation of the Chief Executive's Office, identifying improvements to systems and processes that support the overall delivery of the service
- Fulfil office management duties relating to equipment, stationary and premises and ensure, with others, the office is open to receive enquiries and support the Chief Executive.
- Build a network of effective working relationships with senior officers, members, partner organisations and resident groups
- Support the Council's role in planning for and responding to civil and council emergencies.
The ideal candidate will share our values, be highly self-motivated and tenacious, with an eye for detail. You will be adept at managing a varied work load and prioritising tasks in a fast-paced London borough. This is an excellent opportunity to join an ambitious authority and have a personal impact.
- Prioritise workload effectively
- Highly self-motivated and tenacious, with an eye for detail
- Discretion, integrity and maintain confidence
- Dynamic and forward thinking
- Excellent IT skills, Microsoft Office skills
- Strong organisational, project management and problem-solving skills
- Impeccable multi-tasking abilities
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Friendly, approachable coupled with a professional demeanour
This is a fantastic, immediately available opportunity please submit your CV now for review