Business Development Officer required by a leading international charity to assist with securing new business and long-term national corporate partners across a range of fundraising streams.
This is a full time permanent role, paying circa £28,000 to £29,500 per annum plus benefits – this role is currently remote working until their offices reopen, after which there will be flexibility with a mix of both home and office working.
Key duties include:
- Leading on the acquisition of new business prospects for mid value partnerships
- Processing the team’s financial transactions, including processing donations, raising invoices and managing the thanking and recording process (this responsibility is shared between all officers in the team).
- Providing support to the line manager to monitor and report on new business income and expenditure budgets.
- Researching prospective sectors and companies, sector activities and the business marketplace, to compile lists of key targets (the pipeline), as agreed with the line manager and Head of Department
- Providing support to the line manager to implement the new business strategy to ensure sustainable income growth and development of mutually beneficial partnerships.
- Assisting the line manager with the preparation of high quality and creative presentations and proposals
- Supporting the line manager to create and implement processes to enable seamless handover of new business to the account management team.
- Develop successful relationships across fundraising and the wider organisation and ways of working to aid new business success.
- Providing logistical support for corporate partnership team events and ensure high quality stewardship for new business prospects.
- Experience of prospecting and securing new business undertaken in a charity, marketing or sales role.
- Demonstrable experience of working in a customer focused role.
- Experience of negotiating agreements (including budgets and KPIs).
- Experience of analysing information and drafting reports.