Technical Business Analyst / Project Manager
Salary £38,000 -£43,500 pa
Interviews – April 2021
Location c London
An exciting opportunity for a Technical Business Analyst has arisen to join a well-established and much respected charity on based in c London. Our client is looking for a dynamic and passionate IT Business Analyst to join their small.
To keep up to date with technological developments in IT, Digital and Data and ensure that those enabling technologies, where appropriate, are used to best effect. To act as an advisor to the various business functions across the business, helping to identify, plan and deliver future information needs.
As Technical Business Analyst it will be your responsibility for :-requirement gathering, analysis, documentation and delivery of IT projects or product backlog items; ensure the quality of solutions, management of suppliers, acceptance testing and handover to live service.
You will bring knowledge, experience and commercial astuteness to selection and implementation of technology to solve business problems.
- To identify and manage stakeholders across the business
- Analyse and document business processes, workflows and obtain sign-off
- on the specifications and testing.
- Hands-on with the technology and solution delivery
- Manage the project planning and communications with the business to align their input to the project with the project plan to ensure smooth change management.
- Manage budget, spend, change control, schedule and RAID using a structured project management methods, reporting to management regularly, using agile or waterfall methods as appropriate.
- Facilitate close collaboration between suppliers, the business, IT, Digital and technical teams to deliver IT solutions that are architecturally sound and compliant, using specifications and test plans and scripts to ensure compliance.
- Manage the scope, delivery, testing, sign-off and introduction into support of any technology changes required to meet specific requirements for individual teams.
- Provide the link between the customer, development team and any third party regarding system functionality, throughout the development lifecycle.
- Research the capabilities of new technologies and vendors to select appropriately for the delivery of projects, using formal selection methods as appropriate.
- Evaluate and champion new developments in technology and challenge and develop ways of working to drive efficiency through better use of technology.
- Experience of CRM solutions (Microsoft and Salesforce), data projects, cloud services such as Office 365 / Azure and digital are desirable, as is an understanding of basic principles of core business applications (e.g. accounts, procurement, HR).
- A technical background involving
- software development
- databases and analytics (SQL programming, SSIS or SSRS, Power BI or Business Objects, ETL tools)
- implementation of business applications
- Salesforce or MS Dynamics CRM is advantageous.
- Demonstrable experience managing several suppliers and teams to deliver a project.
- Experience of moving to agile methods or toolsets is advantageous.
- Highly developed communication and presentation skills, with the ability to explain complex technical information clearly to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experienced in applying structured project management and business analysis techniques within waterfall and agile environments
- Ability to establish, develop and maintain relationships , establish rapport with users and modify actions to the environment.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Strong leadership, management and team building skills.
- Ability to use initiative and think creatively to identify solutions to issues that arise and the tenacity to make those ideas happen.
Who you like to make a difference working for a brilliant and much respected charity? Do you have the skills and ability required? Submit your CV for consideration now!