Temporary Public Affairs Assistant required by a leading UK wide membership body based in the City of London.
The postholder will provide dedicated support the Senior Public Affairs Officer and their team.
This is a TEMPORARY role for approximately 4 weeks in the first instance, paying circa £18.00 to 19.00 per hour – this role will be mostly remote working (high degree of flexibility)
- Monitoring the passage of the Levelling Up and Regeneration Bill as it goes through committee stage.
- Maintain the planning network to ensure that it is a valuable resource on planning information and policy for politicians of all levels.
- Monitor parliamentary statements and media coverage about planning related matters and circulate to colleagues as appropriate
- Draft and manage ministerial correspondence and support the chief executive’s relationships with key political stakeholders.
- Organise public affairs events including overseeing the organisation’s presence at party conferences and the parliamentary reception, as well as source political speakers for events
Interviews taking place asap and immediate start thereafter.