Temporary Facilities Administrator required by a charity based in central London. The post holder will play a key role in supporting and assisting the Facilities Manager with general administrational duties required to ensure all staff are provided with a safe, secure, environmentally sustainable and fit for purpose working environment to enable the organisation to deliver its mission.
The Facilities Team is responsible for ensuring the provision of effective day-to-day central facilities services and infrastructure, enabling the charity to meet its strategic aims and objectives.
This is a temporary role for circa 6 to 8 weeks in the first instance, may be extended – working 35 hours per week – paying circa £11.00 to £13.50 per hour – offices are based in the City of London (Barbican / Farringdon)
- Respond to the general incoming calls for facilities and general
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and all external contractors. Liaising with the Finance department, IT Systems Technician, and other colleagues as required to ensure that all facilities related queries and issues are quickly and efficiently received, managed and resolved.
- Act as a means of communication to both the London and other hubs, for when unexpected problems arise, and keeping everyone informed until the issue is resolved
- Co-ordinate and support the London and UK Hubs: liaising with the landlords and property legal services, general maintenance, utilities, landline phones, photocopiers, office security and ordering office furniture.
- Support with relevant 3rd party providers and contractors to ensure facilities services are delivered to a high standard, quickly and cost effectively.
- Follow-up on equipment requests from the Homeworking Risk Assessment, due to Covid-19, and adjust the policy to comply with the HSE regulations
- Inspect and monitor the condition of the building and visitor areas, and report any problems or issues that may arise to the Facilities Manager who is responsible for dealing with the problems promptly
- Co-ordinate postal requirements for London office: franking all outgoing mail, plus scanning and distributing incoming mail.
- Book and co-ordinate couriers as requested
- Act as a Fire Marshall and First Aider for the London office
- Assist with the set-up of smartphones and fobs for new starters, as instructed by the Facilities Manager
- Provide support to the team when required
Key skills required:
- Relevant experience in a facility support role working in a multi-site office environment
- Strong customer service skills, ability to multi-task and remain professional under pressure
- Experience of training and supporting users to a basic level on AV equipment, photocopiers and smartphones
- Strong organisational skills, writing skills and excellent attention to detail
- Must have the ability to remain calm under pressure and deliver in a fast-paced environment
- Operate a variety of standard office machines, including personal computer and Microsoft 365 software, shredding machine and photocopiers