Designers Site Representative required by an international engineering company for a large-scale water project in North Yorkshire.
This is a full time, fixed term contract role (duration 40 weeks approx.) – salary £50-60k pro rata – interviews asap – the post holder will be required to be working on site during all working hours / days
- Inspect the works to ensure compliance with the specification and drawings. This will include keeping records and marking up drawings as works progresses to ensure that there is a set of as built drawings available on completion. This is to be sufficiently detailed to enable DC to certify that the works have been constructed in accordance with the Design, Drawings and Specification.
- Check all materials delivered to site are in accordance with specifications e.g pile thickness, plate sizes on piles, tie rods etc.
- Checking all rebar/cover for all structures and confirming it is in accordance with the design, in advance of concrete pours. Any deviations from the design must be reported to head office immediately.
- Ensure all testing is completed in accordance with the specification. Keep a record of all test results.
- Maintain comprehensive written records of all site activities. This will include updating all spreadsheets as required daily/weekly.
- Prepare progress reports in accordance with requirements. Keep photographs updated with references and dates and all testing
- Review of all Material Approval Request (MAR) from Client to ensure compliant with specification.
- Attendance at site progress meetings and keeping a written record of meeting and forward to head office.
- Attendance at other site meetings when requested at DSR.
- Liaise with Head Office.
- Ensure that safe working conditions are maintained at all times.
- Exercise effective public relations on behalf of the Company and our Client.
- Operation of procedures in accordance with the firm’s quality system.