Temporary Membership Services Advisor required by a world famous membership organisation in central London. The post holder will support the Membership Services team by dealing with member and staff queries, processing membership payments, and keeping members’ records up to date on the membership database, as well as providing a high level of customer service.
This is a TEMPORARY TO PERMANENT role,
working full time hours, paying £12.50 per hour, offices in central London – this will be hybrid working (mix of office and remote working, as agreed with the line manager) – interviews asap
- Receiving telephone and email enquiries and dealing with, or transferring to the correct team or individual, accurately, and courteously.
- Maintaining the membership database, keeping members details up to date this includes change of personal information, death of a member and the adding/removal of subscriptions to ensure the integrity of the database.
- Processing application forms that have been approved by the specific team to ensure that payment is received on time.
- Identifying and reporting inconsistencies and making recommendations for process improvement.
- Using initiative to escalate issues to the appropriate line manager.
- Log interactions with members on the membership database.
- Processing credit card and cheque payments on the membership database in a timely manner to ensure that payments are banked as soon as possible.
- Adding / updating direct debits for members to ensure that we are able to run the monthly payment collections.
- Gathering information and organising refunds for members to ensure that our customers receive their refunds in a timely manner.
The ideal candidate will have excellent customer service skills combined with administrative experience working in a busy office environment as part of a team. Applicants should be organised, with good attention to detail, and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, with experience of communicating with stakeholders at different levels. The ideal candidate should have good working knowledge of all Microsoft Office packages, as well as good experience in using databases. Above all, candidates will be efficient and able to work to deadlines.
The following skills and experience would be desirable for the role:
- Experience of using SharePoint
- Database experience is highly desirable