Business Intelligence Analyst required by a leading local authority in West London to join their Education Services Department. The post holder is responsible for completing statutory returns and performance reporting for Children’s Services. This role is focused on education and will lead on education statutory returns including the School Census, Attainment returns and School workforce returns. You will be a key contact for schools and help resolve any issues around statutory returns or data queries. Working as part of a team, this role will help develop and improve BI products including developing intelligence dashboards. This role will also help support wider projects for Children’s Services that enable transformation and the improvement outcomes for children.
This is a 12 MONTH FIXED TERM CONTRACT ROLE, working full time hours, paying £36-40k pro rata – interviews in early January 2021 with immediate start thereafter – an enhanced DBS Check will be required for this role
- Support and produce analytical and intelligence products against Children’s Services priorities and objectives for improving outcomes for Children.
- Responsible for the production and development of education intelligence products including dashboards.
- Maintain constructive relationships with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders including developing a strong relationship with schools.
- Lead on the successful completion of education statutory returns including the School Census, Attainment and the School workforce returns.
- Drive forward and delivery the commercial BI offer for schools within the Borough.
- Communicate and present analytical and intelligence products to a variety of audiences which will include both those with and without an understanding of analytical and statistical techniques.
- Maintain a strong understanding of analytical techniques and statistical methods and the application of technology for business intelligence
- Support the wider priorities and objectives of the BI service including the authority's transformation and public services reform, and savings and income generation activities.
- Proactively seek ways to improve our understanding of educational outcomes within the Borough
- Support Children’s Services in completing any other relevant and agreed statutory returns.
- Provide support to Children’s Service in relation to any inspection.
- Undertake any other duties of a similar level of responsibility as may be required.
Skills & Experience:
- Experience of CHS education Research and Analysis experience with good knowledge of Children’s Services data/systems.
- You will have an appropriate qualification in business intelligence/analysis or equivalent work experience.
- Good analytical skills, with knowledge of sources of school’s data, attainment data and relevant systems.
- Experience of analysing, interpreting, and presenting complex quantitative and qualitative data where material is conflicting and drawn from multiple sources
- Proven experience of submitting statutory education returns including the School Census and attainment returns.
- Experience of developing intelligence products for schools including dashboards, profiles and reports
- Understanding and application of technology for business intelligence including GIS, Power BI, SPSS, Stata
- Desirable appropriate programming and statistical software training – SQL, T-SQL, R, Python