WANTED URGENTLY ! Noise & Nuisance Officer
Temporary position with potential to go permanent
Salary : £ 41,466 to £ 44,473 pa pro rata
As Noise & Nuisance office you will ensure the impact from noise and nuisance within the Borough is controlled using the appropriate enforcement powers, negotiation and practical knowledge cross a 7 day a week / 24 hours per day service operation.
For this role you will need expert working knowledge and experience of application of relevant legislation and powers (Environmental Protection Act 1990, Control of Pollution Act 1974) and standards (BS5228), as well as the holder of a noise specific qualification e.g. MSC/Diploma in Noise Control and Acoustics, this is an essential requirement.
- Keep abreast of appropriate legal and technical developments in Noise and Nuisance and relevant areas of Environmental Health.
- To prepare detailed reports relating to case work and wider noise and nuisance issues and attend internal and external meetings as required.
- Ensure effective liaison is maintained with other relevant colleagues in the team / department / external agencies
- Cover the work of colleagues in time of leave, sickness or other absences.
- Take executive decisions in the field relative to the post and specific team functions.
- Assist / lead in any operation that involves the seizing of goods / equipment.
- Assist / lead in carrying out PACE interviews in the course of an investigation.
- Assist / lead in preparing notices / other legal documents and prosecution files.
- Act as a Professional Witness at Court / Inquiries / Members Panels.
- To keep the Head of Service fully informed and consult them as necessary on any aspect of the Service’s work that is particularly sensitive, controversial or high-profile. Prepares reports (Legal, Consultancy, Members Panels) as designated with respect to team / service functions.
- Represent the Service at Committee, residents’ groups and partnership groups
- Respond to consultations and represent the Service on Planning applications
Please apply only if you have the relevant qualifications and experience