WANTED!!!! A Finance Manager (Corporate Accountancy and VAT)
Based in West London
This is a 2 year Fixed Term Contact
Interview will be held straightway
Salary : Salary £56,289
Reports to: Chief Accountant
Experience with in a council environment (strong advantage)
As Finance Manager Corporate accountancy and VAT you will be responsible for the delivery of the Council's statutory accounts including all technical accounting and audit requirements, government returns, working across the Council and Corporate Finance. Responsible for VAT and indirect taxation. Support the Chief Accountant and the Head of Corporate Finance in providing a high quality professional service and delivering continuous improvement. Work with the Head of Corporate Finance and senior management in delivering and promoting effective, robust, resilient financial administration throughout the Council, ensuring finance resources are optimised. Manage staff as assigned to achieve statutory targets and deadlines. Matrix management of up to six Corporate Finance staff undertaking a diverse range of accounting tasks including specific accounts reconciliation and closure, and specified government returns (RO and RA for example).
- Deputise for the Chief Accountant as required.
- Provide high quality, responsive, effective and timely advice, scrutiny and challenge to the Council, its committees and officers on all matters of financial significance and identify alternative strategies to improve the overall financial position.
- Interpret and advise on the financial aspects of legislation and other developments affecting the council. Ensure all the financial statutory obligations of the council are met.
- Lead on support to major projects within the Council and with partner organisations assessing and reporting on the financial implications.
- Lead, motivate and direct assigned staff:
o in delivering high quality responsive services to support the Council's change agenda.
o in ensuring that key projects and the Council's commercial agenda have robust financial advice and support
o maintaining financial discipline and control across the team.
o ensuring staff have appropriate training and development to meet Corporate Finance objectives
o to provide a high standard of customer service to both internal and external customers
o to demonstrate continuous improvement and professional development
- Maintain financial discipline and control throughout the Council by:
o working with service departments as required.
o ensuring robust corporate finance systems and processes that enhance and support services
o organising training and development for both finance and non-finance staff.
- Contribute to the management of the department and the achievement of its service plan.
- Participate in corporate groups set up from time to time by the Strategic Leadership Team or the Chief Executive.
- Represent the council at meetings with external bodies.
- Carry out any further finance-related duties, as directed by senior management
- To pursue positively, promote and implement actively the Council's Equal Opportunities Policy, in relation to the duties of the post.
Coordinating with others
Judgement and decision making:
This is a permanent role with a salary of £56,289
If you are interested in this position please press apply below or contact the Red Personnel team on 02077243824