Red Personnel has a superb opportunity for a Registered Manager of a children's residential home, based in Oxted, to join a leading children's charity, that has been running for 150 years. The successful candidate will work a 35 hour week between the hours of 0700 and 2100, and will have a salary of £33,900.
You will be working for a well-established UK children's charity, committed to helping vulnerable children, young people and their families, throughout the UK.
The charity has 7,000 staff and volunteers operating over 522 different services, improving the lives of 301,000 children, youth, parents and carers every year.
The successful candidate will:
- Lead, inspire, motivate and manage a team of workers and support staff, ensuring the site is appropriately staffed and covered at all times
- Be responsible for maintaining the values, principles and ethos of the residential children's home
- Ensure the team of staff and volunteers are providing innovative, responsive, high quality and person centred services to the youth and their families
- Manage a safe environment/building through compliance, health and safety and other procedures
- Establish, develop and maintain relationships with colleagues, community organisations, partner and external agencies
- Have the ability to participate in the on-call manager rota
Essential skills and experience required:
- Level 5 Diploma (or equivalent) in Leadership and Management for childcare OR as defined by DFE Guide to Children's Homes Regulations
- Experience managing within a similar environment
- Competent and experienced in managing young people with challenging emotional and behavioural difficulties
- Managing budgets
- Developing and managing stakeholder relationships
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of CQC regulations and OFSTED requirements
If this sounds like the ideal job for you, click apply now
Please note only candidates that have been shortlisted will be contacted