WANTED! Maintenance Operative
A highly successful provider of purpose-built Student Accommodation is recruiting for a Maintenance Operative to join their team. This is a fantastic role in a dynamic market sector and salary £25,000 - £30,000 per annum depending on experience.
As a Maintenance Operative, you will be responsible for delivering the best experience to our customers by providing a pro-active and responsive repair and maintenance service, ensuring that faults and maintenance requests within the accommodation are dealt with in a timely manner.
Core duties of the Maintenance Operative:
- Be responsible for the day to day reactive and preventative maintenance
- Exercise initiative in providing excellent customer service, liaising effectively with Managers and other colleagues
- Liaise with and monitor onsite contractors to ensure completion of work
- Be responsible for the planned maintenance including fire alarm testing, emergency lighting testing, fire extinguisher checks water hygiene flushing / temperature monitoring, shower head descaling and health & safety checks
- Undertake regular building patrols
- Record, log and monitor any maintenance issues
- Ensure that maintenance records are kept for the all services
- Ensure that all Property Documentation Files are accurately maintained and up to date
- Adherence to H&S policy
- Interact with students and understand their needs
You will have
- A first-class customer service professional able to ensure positive customer experience
- Have a thorough understanding of Health & Safety legislation
- Relevant qualification in either plumbing, joinery or electrical systems
- A professional trade qualification (electrical/ plumbing)
- Proficient with business operating systems & Microsoft Office
- Ability to prioritise your own workload
- Work within a team to cover reception/admin duties and gain knowledge of the student booking system
To work within a team to provide cover from Monday to Friday and on a Saturday on a rota'd shift basis, with cover for weekends as required, to support around student check in weekends
If you have the skills described above and are interested in applying for this role please CLICK AND APPLY NOW!