A prestigious Royal College based in aldgate is in need of a Project Manager to support Centre for Mental Health for an initial 2 months
Purpose of the role:
To project manage the development of one or more mental health initiatives, such as the quality improvement programme, competence frameworks, evidence reviews and any other project that the mental health is commissioned to deliver.
1. Project manage the development of mental health initiatives in accordance with the funding body’s requirements.
2. Be the primary liaison point for key stakeholders regarding the project. This includes very senior managers at NHS England, NHS Improvement, NICE, the Department of Health, Health Education England (HEE), experts by experience and leading experts from across the NHS, academia, social care and other areas of government.
3. Work closely with the funding body and key stakeholders to develop the scope of each project. Design and develop a project plan with a risk register and identify key milestones. Operate within agreed project work plans and timelines, ensuring that projects are carried out within deadlines.
4. Identify key project costs; any exceptions are to be recorded in monthly and quarterly reports. Ensure that all invoices and expenses related to the project are processed.
5. In addition to project-related meetings, attend and contribute to relevant meetings and presentations to promote/represent your project. The regular meetings include:
• Project management meetings
• All-staff meetings
• Progress meetings with funding bodies
• Relevant topic group meetings.
16. Contribute to the ongoing review and development of project management processes across the team to help ensure consistency, efficiency and the highest possible standard of project management.
1. Has a relevant qualification or demonstratable experience
2. Project management experience and is Prince II and/or Agile qualified
3. Proven track record of undertaking administrative and management activities in a similar College, or national health or social care institutions such as NHS England or NICE
4. A professional and flexible approach
5. Proven experience of managing committees in a professional environment
6. Experience in facilitating group discussions.
7. Proven clear and concise writing skills with a high degree of accuracy including excellent minute taking and report writing skills
8. Proven track record of producing work accurately and to a high standard with emphasis on attention to detail
9. Proven ability to quickly assimilate complex information
10. Working knowledge of healthcare systems.
1. An understanding of the principles of quality improvement, systematic literature searches, systematic reviews and the grading of research evidence, and/or the key issues involved in developing NHS commissioning guidance.
2. Willingness to work across a small number of physical locations when required
3. Experience of undertaking consultation exercises involving stakeholders in health and social care.
Please that this is an urgent role - our deadline for CV applications is Tuesday 10 15th September 2020
Do submit your CV for consideration!