Programme Manager (6 month FTC) required by a leading local government organisation to lead the coordination and management of their Recovery and Response programme, overseeing around 20 workstreams. The post holder will ensure activity is appropriately managed, resourced and governed and will liaise with officers across the sectors leading the workstreams to ensure effective delivery of activity.
This is a 6 MONTH FIXED TERM CONTRACT role, working full time hours – salary circa £55-59k pro rata – based in central London – interviews asap
The ideal candidate will be have Prince 2 or Agile qualification or equivalent, have PMO and governance experience of multiple programmes and come from a project background.
- Day-to-day management of the Recovery and Response programmes.
- Define and maintain an effective & efficient governance framework for the programmes with support from Senior Officer and Director.
- Ensure the co-ordination and alignment of the programmes through the maintenance of programme plans and management of dependencies.
- Proactive monitoring and reporting of overall progress, ensure appropriate reporting covering costs, benefits, key risks/issues and dependencies, acting as an escalation point for risks/issues and initiating corrective action as appropriate.
- Use of the Corporate PMO framework for project and programme reporting at individual board level to enable efficient ‘roll up’ of reporting.
- Identify constraints within the programmes, analyse their potential impact and take appropriate mitigating action with support from the Director.
- Ensure maximum efficiency in the allocation of resources and skills across the projects and programmes.
- Manage communications with stakeholders, ensuring a coherent communications plan that is aligned with corporate communications.
- Ensure lessons learnt are captured and applied.
- Work with other departments and divisions to identify areas for collaboration and workload sharing to get best value.
- Undertake any other duties as required by the organisation.