Senior Maintenance Technician wanted for an accommodation provider based in the heart of Birmingham
Salary £28 -£30K pa plus benefits
Interviews asap with a view to an immediate start
As Senior Maintenance you will supervise a small team and undertake minor reactive repairs and carry out planned maintenance works including but not limited to; Health & Safety checks, regular painting and decorating, minor electrical works, lamp changing, grounds maintenance, gardening, refuse and recycling management. As Senior Maintenance Technician you will work very closely with the Property Manager to liaise with and organise contractors with proposed schedule of works.
Responsibilities will also include management of the defect system and maintenance service level agreement expectations in line with company expectations. Follow ups and overall building maintenance management will also be fundamental expectations of the role.
- Manage the maintenance teams workload efficiently between the team.
- Set clear KPI`s within the maintenance team, monitor, manage and support.
- Ensure all compliance related task documentation is completed correctly and the relevant actions are completed and filed correctly.
- Manage contractor movement throughout the building.
- Own the defect procedure for the required duration, highlighting, documenting, scheduling and completing when necessary as well as signing off.
- Manage all reactive task completion and conduct spot checks when required.
- Attend and contribute to meetings with the site management team, updating on defects, maintenance team performance and building compliance. Defect Management
- Engage and communicate with Principal Contractor via the defect system to agree a schedule of work to address defects.
- Undertake work to address / fix/ rectify/ correct defects identified by the site
- Maintain accurate defect management records
- Prepare for, attend, and contribute to meetings with the management team and contractors.
- Review defects List and identify work required.
- Liaise with contractors to ensure all work on defects are completed.
- Develop and implement a plan to ensure that all defects are completed
- Upon completion of defects, notify the building Management Team of completion.
- Manage any latent defects as they arise.
- Ensure all work processes, practices and activities comply with health and safety rules, legislation and company procedures.
- Day to day repairs and maintenance.
- Supervise/complete reported repairs and make a record of the issues found
- Supervise/complete minor carpentry and joinery repairs including ease and adjust windows and doors, change locks, fit new doors (internal fire doors, furniture doors and drawers etc.), affix shelving, curtain rails, assemble furniture and making safe broken glazing.
- Supervise/complete minor plumbing repairs
- Be competent in and be able to complete minor electrical maintenance including replacement of lamps, ballast replacement, changing plugs and fuses, installation of white goods.
- Supervise and assist in scheduling external contractors and the maintenance team
- Ensure RAMS are suitable for organised contractor works on site.
- Planned Maintenance and Statutory Compliance
- Undertake regular Health and Safety Checks on the fire and life protection systems, legionella water testing and ensuring general safe working practices and COSHH management.
- Supervise/complete regular painting and decorating to all areas and pick up on all minor scuffs and damage to thoroughfare to minimise the appearance of wear and tear across the property
- Monitor plant equipment as directed and keep appropriate records of checks.
DO YOU HAVE THESE SKILLS AND THIS EXPERIENCE? LOOKING FOR A PERMANENT ROLE WITH A GROWING COMPANY? YOU DO....
Submit your CV now for review.