Pensions Specialist (LGPS) required by a leading public sector organisation based in central London to manage the legal process of setting up of new employers to the organisation’s pensions fund. You will make sure the pension fund is protected from unexpected financial liability through the provision of bonds and other guarantees from admitted bodies. The post holder will fully ensure the pension fund is compliant with pension legislation.
This is a full time, permanent role – paying circa £39-43k per annum – interviews asap via MS Teams video call
Key skills required:
- Excellent understanding and knowledge of admission agreements and bond arrangements.
- Experience of working with legal advisors and actuaries.
- Strong working knowledge of the LGPS and the scheme regulations.
- Working knowledge of the obligations of employers and the Administering Authority in the management of the Local Government Pension Scheme.
- Understanding of the different LGPS schemes (pre-2008, 2008 and 2014) and how they affect the calculation of scheme member benefits.
- Ability to provide training and advice to scheme employers or their agents in connection with their administration of the LGPS.
- Understanding of the calculation methods for pensionable CARE pay, whole-time equivalent pensionable pay, and pensionable pay for the purposes of the HMRC Annual Allowance calculation.
- Understanding of LGPS Discretionary Regulations for employers and the discretionary regulations as they pertain to the public sector body
- Ability to communicate LGPS regulations clearly and concisely to a range of audiences.