Conferences Executive required by a world famous venue based in central London. The post holder will be overseeing internal and external enquiries or bookings for room sales at their prestigious venue, you will assist colleagues whenever possible to ensure that customers receive a professional and impeccable service, demonstrating their customer promise.
This is a full time permanent role, paying £29k per annum plus excellent benefits – hybrid working (mix of remote and office working) – interviews asap
- Respond to all enquiries from clients, ensuring that quotations and brochures are sent out within 24 hours, provisional bookings are chased regularly, and all calls are logged within the diary.
- Providing minimum conversion time from provisional to confirmed bookings and actively gaining contracted revenue in the diary.
- Show prospective clients around the venue to gain a contracted booking.
- Provide administrative support to the Line Manager as required.
- Effectively evaluate the diary, fitting events to the most appropriately sized rooms.
- Oversee the review of competitors in order that we remain at the leading edge within the marketplace and keep up to date with the industry and its products.
- Use the computerised diary, email, and a variety of other software packages to carry out the duties of the job.
- Support the Business Development Manager with familiarisation trips, exhibitions, and campaigns calls as required throughout the year to identify potential clients and attract new business to the venue in order to maximise revenue.
- Review the computerised diary on a daily basis, ensuring that all information is accurate and up to date, with activities logged and provisional bookings chased.
Ideally you will have some experience within a hotel/venue environment working within a conference and banqueting administrative background (e.g., Conference /Diary Coordinator) is essential. You must be well organised, have strong administration skills and be able to deal with a number of priorities. Additionally, you must be able to work effectively in a team, using your own initiative. The successful candidate should be well presented with good oral and communication skills and be computer literate with experience of Windows and MS Office packages. Knowledge of a computerised conference and banqueting diary system would be an advantage. Accuracy, attention to detail and a flexible working approach are also essential.