A leading Royal College-based near Tower Hill is looking to recruit an interim Race and Equality Manager to start ASAP, on an initial temporary basis. This will be based within the Finance and Operations department in the College
This is a full-time temporary position and will be ongoing until a permanent candidate is found
Salary: £22-£25 per hour
Location: Working from home/ office based in Tower Hill/ Aldgate East
Hours: This post will be Full time/ 35 hours per week
This is covering a permanent vacancy as well so for the right candidate they may be considered
Key Responsibilities and aspects of the role:
- To work closely with the Chief Executive, President, Presidential Leads for Race Equality, Chairs of WMHSIG, Chair of Rainbow SIG and Chair of Transcultural SIG on all matters relating to race and equality. To ensure that the College is compliant with our statutory duties, reporting obligations, and pursue best practice across the College, advising senior and key staff.
Race and Equality:
Reporting and Planning/ Working with Stakeholders
- Work with the Chief Executive, President, Presidential Leads for Race Equality, Chairs of Women in Mental Health Special Interest Group (WMSIG), Chair of Rainbow Special Interest Group (SIG) and Chair of Transcultural Special Interest Group (SIG) to support the strategic development of the College’s equality strategy in respect of the membership and the staff group, and oversee delivery against those objectives, working with key staff across the College.
- Work with the Chief Executive, Director of HR and Presidential Leads for Race Equality to ensure that the College rolls out effective measures to tackle systemic racism, to promote good race relations and to support BAME members – particularly those who are black and South Asian.
- Work with the Chief Executive, Director of HR and the Chairs of WHMSIG, Chair of Rainbow SIG and the Chair of Transcultural SIG, to ensure the College rolls out effective measures to tackle gender inequality, homophobia and discrimination against people based on their cultural background, to promote good relations between members and staff of all backgrounds and characteristics, and to support women and LGBTQ+ members, and members of all cultural backgrounds.
Person Specification and Experience required :
- Work with HR and Membership Services to collate easily accessible statistics on the breakdown of our membership and staff – based on race, gender, and other protected characteristics (where the data is available).
- Contribute to the development of the College’s equality strategy and contribute as needed to the College’s other key reports.
- Produce, support, and drive the College’s race equality action plans, monitor and report progress against plans.
- In partnership with the Chief Executive, President, Director of HR, develop and maintain strong, outcome-focused relationships with members, relevant colleagues and forums, including the staff-facing Wellbeing at Work Forum, Sexuality and Gender Equality and Inclusion (SGEI) Forum and African Caribbean Forum (ACF).
- Proven experience of equalities legislation and its application in the workplace.
- Track record of leading and promoting equalities objectives and aligning them with other important business objectives.
- Experience of successfully monitoring and reporting on the performance of key equality objectives, relating to equality, diversity and including.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to motivate and inspire confidence in others.
Skilled at advising and influencing with the credibility that commands respect from the President/Chief Executive and SMT.
- Good understanding of the historical framework that has led to the establishment of a legal framework to protect the rights of specific groups.
Understanding of medical royal colleges
We are looking to fill this position as soon as possible with a deadline Monday 13th July 2020. Please do submit your CV for consideration or call me Imran on 07741661094