A National charity is the need of a Programme Engagement & Communications Manager to start immediatley on a temproary basis for 4 weeks initially.
Working Hours: 30 hours per week to be worked 09.00 – 17.30 with 1 hour for lunch (unpaid)
Locaiton: Monumnet, London
Responsible for planning and delivering the engagement and communications strategy for programme, which is the organisational development programme designed to identify, pilot and implement new ways of working across our network of volunteer delivered services. The programme aims to ensure the charity can continue to deliver timely, effective, personalised support in the future while creating rewarding opportunities for volunteers and employees. We want our volunteers to use their skills and experience to make a difference nationally and in their local communities
- Motivate, support and liaise with volunteers, employees and other stakeholders to encourage engagement with and participation in programme
- Plan and execute the programme engagement strategy and communications plan, to support delivery of the programme to an audience of more than 350 employees and more than 5,000 volunteers across the UK and overseas, working closely with the Programme Manager. Identify and manage risk and variances against the engagement strategy and develop contingency plans as required.
- Create content and manage delivery of all online and offline communications materials. Plan and coordinate content and edit and work with design team to deliver as required.
- Use existing communications channels and networks to deliver engagement plan and associated communications, working alongside internal communications and digital teams as required.
Qualificaitons and Knoweldge/skills required
- Work in partnership with colleagues including the organisations Internal Communications & Engagement Manager and Volunteer Operations team to share information, identify efficiencies and ensure all activities are co-ordinated and opportunities for joint communications are maximised
- Excellent IT skills including MS Office
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Excellent organisational skills and proven ability to deliver to deadline
- Experience of delivering internal communications programmes and strategy either in a commercial, public or not for profit organisation, across multiple sites with diverse audiences
- Experience of building effective working relationships across an organisation at all levels
- Experience of using internal communications to help deliver a change programme in an organisation
- Experience of managing intranets and competent on using Content Management Systems, specifically SharePoint
- Experience of working with volunteers in the charity sector