An educational charity, specialising in socio-economic deprivation and education is in need of a Finance Administration Assistant on a 12 month FTC on a full-time basis to start ideally as soon as possible
Role: Finance Administration Assistant
Location: Remote Working - Offices are located in Westminister, London
Salary Range: £20k-£207k Dependant on experience
Duration: 12 months fixed term contract
Working Hours: Fulltime
The Essence of the role:
Due to the impact of COVID-19 school closures on pupils’ learning, a new position of Finance Administration Assistant has been created to provide additional financial support to all areas of the National Tutoring Programme and Charites work. The Charity is seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic Finance Administration Assistant to join the team and provide administrative support on a wide range of finance functions.
- Act as the first point of contact for finance-related queries
- Providing first-line advice on queries around financial transactions and operations, ensuring responses consider the charities financial policies and procedures and the appropriate business context
- Administration of all the charities finances with input from the Finance Officer and Head of Finance & Operations
- Processing high volume of invoices and expense claims, as well as ensuring invoices are approved for payment by liaising with key budget holders and are set-up in accordance with terms
- Reconciling supplier statements to ensure timely payment of invoices.
- Processing agreements with tutoring organisations, including organising signature, recording and tracking costs against the individual agreements
You will be joining a small and dynamic team that covers Finance, Human Resources, IT and Business Operations. The Finance and Administration team play a critical role by running day-to-day operations, providing expertise and information necessary for the continued operational delivery of Charities mission and objectivesEssential Requirements for the role:
The below would be advantageous to candidates if they able to be demonstrated:
- Educated to a Degree level and working towards an accountancy qualification, with proven experience as a Finance Administrator/Assistant or similar role
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal, with the ability to build and maintain solid cross-functional working relationships.
- Experiences with accounting software, like QuickBooks, SalesForce and Concur
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel for creating spreadsheets, charts and formulas
- Strong organisational and problem-solving skills with the ability to multi-task
Some of the benefits:
- Experience in a fast-paced setting within a finance function, preferably in the charity sector or show a willingness to learn.
- Experience of working in the educational, charity and not for profit setting
- flexible start and end working times (core hours between 10 am and 4 pm)
- flexible working opportunities
- 27 days’ holiday a year (plus 8 bank holidays)
- pension matched with 5% employer contributions
- life insurance cover
Please note that we have a strict deadline of Tuesday 10 am 4th August 2020
, please do submit your CV for consideration