A leading Royal College based near Tower Hill is looking to recruit a skilled Facilities Co-Ordinator to start ASAP,on an initial temporary basis. This will be based within the Finance and Operations department in the College
This is a full-time temporary position for an initial 3 months period with the possibility of extension
Salary: £13 per hour
Location: Tower Hill/ Algate East
This post will be Full time/ 35 hours per week
This is covering a permanent vacancy as well
To assist in the day to day running of the College's facilities, ensuring that all functions are carried out courteously, efficiently and effectively.
Main Responsibilities of the Job
- Maintenance and Repairs - Monitor and record planned maintenance programmes and work in consultation with the Head of Facilities and the other Facilities Co-Ordinator. Record and organize reactive work i.e. emergency work and planned decorations and repairs. Liaise with contractors on site. Respond to maintenance requests from the 4th floor tenants.
- Health and Safety - Undertake daily, weekly and monthly audits of the premises to ensure fire exits and pathways are clear, lights are functioning, doors maintained and the Fire Log Book is completed. Monitor and record regular H&S checks and report any problems to the Head of Facilities. Review risk assessments and check controls are in place and effective. Organize fire warden training in liaison with HR. Induction of new staff - fire procedures, walk through fire routes.
- Security - Responsible for CCTV monitoring, access control card recording and reader activation and maintenance, keyholding and security services.
- Stationery and Print - receive and process stationery orders, maintain stock levels and replenish stationery cupboards. Order Print items from external print company i.e. Letterhead, business cards.
Previous experience in working Facilities will be an added bonus
- IOSH or similar qualification or relevant Health and Safety experience
- Experience of working in a Facilities support role
- Excellent attendance and timekeeping
- Proven experience of basic maintenance skills
- Strong customer focus, taking personal responsibility and ownership for the achievement of tasks
- Ability to act on own initiative, within specified guidelines
- hands-on proactive response to work
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and keyboard skills
We are looking to fill this position as soon as possible. Please do submit your CV for consideration