A leading public sector regulatory body is looking to recruit for Service Accountants to join their Finance team.
This is a full-time permanent role paying £45,000- £52,000 per annum.
The Service Accountant will provide professional financial advice and support to a service Division or Directorate based on a sound understanding of the business and the regulatory/accounting regime.
You will report to the relevant Finance Business Partner or Head of Strategic and Technical Finance.
The Service Accountant will most likely have/be:
- To build and maintain successful working relationships with Service Managers in the Directorate providing support, advice and challenge to support the strategic and operational decision making function of the service
- To support budget managers to fulfil their budget management responsibilities, undertaking trend analysis to inform budget monitoring
- To provide financial training to service and budget managers in line with the Division’s planned training programme
- To quality assure managers forecasts and produce timely and accurate monthly capital and revenue monitoring reports, ensuring that variances are investigated and managed, risks are recognised, and forecasts are robust
- CCAB Qualified Accountant (or near finalist)
- Knowledge and understanding of financial management and financial processes within Local Authorities and the financial & legislative framework
- Proficient with MS Office
- An understanding of capital financing and the relevant legislative requirements/context
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate with senior management
- Experience of the annual budget setting process within a local authority
- Experience of monitoring significant capital and revenue budgets in a local authority
- Demonstrable experience of employing continuous improvement techniques to improve financial management
Please click apply now below! Contact the Red Personnel Team on 02077243824 for all queries!