Policy Support Officer required to provide project support to members of the Policy and Campaigns Team by undertaking research and data analysis, drafting briefings and consultation responses, supporting engagement with faculties and leads as well as external stakeholder engagement, contributing to the development of the team's policy, communications and campaigning objectives.
This is a full time, temporary assignment, running for 6 weeks in the first instance, working 35 hours per week and paying £27,564 pro rata - interviews ASAP!!
Core duties of the Policy Support Officer:
- Undertake research and policy and data analysis - using academic, legal and public databases - to provide evidence and relevant information to support and inform projects, policy work, communications and campaigning activities being led by members of the Policy and Campaigns Team.
- Support Policy and Campaigns team members in their internal and external stakeholder engagement work, organising meetings and preparing agendas and briefings as needed; and build links with stakeholders to support work as appropriate and as directed by the Head of Policy and Campaigns.
- Attend and represent the organisation at relevant external meetings and events, as agreed with the Deputy Head/Head of Policy and Campaigns.
- Support the Policy and Commentary Manager in drafting commentary pieces and other member and non-member communications, working with colleagues in the External Affairs and Digital teams as needed and keeping the database updated.
- Support Policy and Campaigns team members in fulfilling their account management responsibilities in delivering communications plans for faculties and divisions, committees or other departments in line with the communications strategy.
- Support in management of processes for member surveys and endorsements; management of various committees and updating staff and officers on consultations and major national reports.
- Support the Data Analysis and Research Manager in providing data and analysis to stakeholders
- Strong interest in and some experience of policy and data analysis, research and public policy development
- Clear and concise writing style
- Experience of working with internal and external stakeholders to gather views and opinions
- Experience of taking minutes and administration of Committees and events
DON'T MISS OUT - CLICK APPLY NOW !