Lead Android Developer
Salary £70K pa plus benefits
Are you a motivated and experienced Lead Android Developer? Are you looking to join an exciting and dynamic company, to building a new agile team of mobile software and test engineers.
As Lead Android Developer you will be instrumental in the developing the Group's client payment objectives into a working solution by design and the implementation of software applications across various hardware and operating platforms and providing clear and structured interface between the team and Head of Development. You will be responsible for the development of payments applications, this is an excellent opportunity
Lead Android Developer responsibilities
- Acting as the lead for Android (and potentially iOS) application development projects, ensuring that quality is driven throughout the team and the defined feature is delivered to schedule
- Ensuring that features are designed and aligned to the target environment and in accordance with company security and software development policies
- Mentoring and providing guidance for both software engineers and test engineers within the Mobile Development team
- Creating and maintaining individual team members goals and training objectives, as well as implementing best practices and principles utilised by the Mobile Development team
- Motivating, energising, directing and mentoring the Mobile Development team implementing a strong team ethos
- Participating in planning, reviews, retrospectives, and estimations with the agile team
- Experience in/knowledge of team or technical leadership
- Automated testing with Android applications; banking/finance; interfacing through SOAP/REST/JSON/XML protocols and/or APACS/ISO8583 financial protocols; embedded payment terminals; and iOS development is highly desirable.
- A test-first development mentality using TDD and knowledge of unit, UI testing, and testing pyramids, with a deep understanding of the Android SDK
- Demonstrable understanding of S.O.L.I.D. principles and Object-Oriented patterns, and knowledge of Clean Architecture patterns such as MVVM, MVP etc.
- Experience of Version Control using GIT; and Agile software delivery methods, with a strong understanding of agile principles and mindset
- Excellent communication, management and mentoring skills
- Degree level education to 2:1 or above in Computer Science or other IT related discipline,
- Demonstrable experience developing native applications for Android in Java and/or Kotlin
Are you looking to for a new challenge? Do you have the skills? Do you want to work for an established and growth industry?
Call Patricia 0207 724 3824 or send your CV now.