An established Professional Standards College based in the City of London, responsible for regulation and accreditation in the medical field is looking to recruit for an Examinations Officer to join the Examinations Team.
Salary: £30K pa
This is a permanent full time position
The Examinations Officer’s work is crucial to the running of the Examinations Department and the Examinations Officer will be responsible for the operational delivery of the high stakes examinations and supporting candidates through their applications. The complexity of the examinations means that it is essential that all members of the Examinations Department work as a team and maintain appropriate cover at all times.
The Examinations Officer works largely unsupervised but in accordance with established policies, procedures and precedents. The Examinations Officer will also be responsible for improving procedures in consultation with the Head of Examinations and assist with the review and revision of policies when required.
- Respond to candidate enquiries, effectively communicating College rules, policies and decisions
- Provide advice and support to candidates applying for examinations via the College’s iMIS database system and the subsequent review and approval of applications
- Approve and confirm examination entries for all examinations and produce timetables for all candidates
- Maintain the iMIS database to ensure records are up to date and provide reports on request, including monitoring differential attainment and other related data
- Maintain a record of enquiries from candidates and document decisions appropriately
- Prepare and deliver complex information, including policy and regulation documentation for different stakeholder groups
- Production and dispatch of examination result letters
- Provision of visa support letters for candidates
- Processing of candidate transfers, refunds and the issuing of receipts
- Act as an iMIS super user, to assist team members in using iMIS
- Dispatch of candidate examination feedback
- Arrange examination venues, catering and appropriate support staff
- Confirm arrangements for clinical examinations including allocation of examiners, support and nursing staff, travel planning, catering, hotels and group dinners
- Confirm arrangements for marking days, including allocation of examiners, catering, hotels and group dinners
- Print question papers and other examination materials, liaising with external providers to ensure strict confidentiality is maintained
- Dispatch of examination papers to examination centres
- Assist with scanning, collating and checking examination scores in accordance with the prevailing process
- Assist the Examinations Manager in ensuring the appropriate storage and maintenance of all equipment related to examinations including medical devices and supplies
- Ensure the correct OSCE kit is available and set up for clinical examinations, recruiting and managing helpers to move and assemble the kit where necessary.
- Travel in the UK and overseas as necessary to facilitate the planning, development and delivery of all College examinations.
- Ensure confidentiality and security of all examination materials is maintained at all times.
- Supporting the Education Committee by providing reports and taking the minutes at meetings as required.
- Fostering strong working relationships with key stakeholders such as Lead Examiners and associated Examination Sub-Committees.
Reporting and Quality Improvement
- Provide reports as required by the Dean, Lead Examiners, Chief Executive, Director of Education and Head of Examinations.
Call Patricia on 0207 724 3824 or send your CV to email@example.com