Red Personnel has a superb opportunity for a Residential Team Leader in a children's home, based in Oxted, to join a leading children's charity, that has been running for 150 years. The successful candidate will work a 35 hour week between the hours of 0700 and 2100, and will have a salary of £25,600.
You will be working for a well-established UK children's charity, committed to helping vulnerable children, young people and their families, throughout the UK.
The charity has 7,000 staff and volunteers operating over 522 different services, improving the lives of 301,000 children, youth, parents and carers every year.
The successful candidate will:
- Manage and lead a team of residential professionals and other staff, ensuring a safe and positive workplace and service is achieved
- Work alongside the Registered Manager to ensure compliance and organisation policy and procedures are being met
- Ensure there is adequate support for children/young people to achieve their full potential by promoting, communicating and participation with their behaviours, personal care, administration of medication and clinicals needs as appropriate
- Build and maintain positive and professional working relationships by providing emotional and social support to children/young people who display challenging difficulties
- Ensure that the views and needs of children/young people are understood, heard and responded to
- Maintain records of children and their families, and ensure they are uploaded into the appropriate databases
Essential skills and experience required:
- NVQ Level 3 or equivalent - Health and Social Care
- Experience working in a similar role and wanting to develop and grow
-Previous experience working with young people or adults with disabilities
- Experience managing and supervising a team previously
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Safeguarding knowledge
If this sounds like the ideal job for you, click apply now
Please note only candidates that have been shortlisted will be contacted