An established Professional Standards College based in the City of London, responsible for regulation and accreditation in the medical field is looking for a Training Officer.
This is a permanent role with a salary of £30,000 per annum
This is crucial role in the Training Department will be responsible for managing a large caseload of trainees in all UK training programmes. The post holder must ensure that all trainees receive a high-quality service and advice in line with continuous developments and changes to standards and GMC regulations.
The Training Officer will work largely unsupervised in accordance with established policies, procedures and precedents taking the lead on agreed areas of responsibility ensuring the first-rate delivery of trainee services and support from first enrolment to completion of training.
- Respond to enquiries, including training and curricular requirements, effectively communicating rules, policies and decisions
- Enrol and register trainees
- Produce calculation sheets identifying the duration and type of training posts required for all trainees
- Facilitate the correct completion of forms for trainees
- Recalculate trainee completion dates for those that are: training less than full time, returning from maternity or sick leave, entering sub-specialty training schemes, required to extend training, going Out of Programme
- Ensuring recalculation of completion dates includes all training completed to date
- Ensure trainees have met all curriculum requirements for the completion of training including workplace based assessments and formal examinations liaising with trainees
- Review applications to ensure completion of all requirements
- Refer approved applications to Lead for final approval
- Submit recommendations and approve sub-specialties for all trainees
- Manage the recruitment, induction, training and monitoring of Assessors
- Oversee the delivery and development of the workshops, venue management and scheduling
- Advise trainees, non-trainees and trainers on relevant rules and guidance as required,
- Assist colleagues in the Examinations Department to confirm examination eligibility of trainees
- Meeting preparation, agenda setting, minute taking and the elections of regional representatives
- Ensure action points and issues are addressed in a timely manner
- Foster strong working relationships with key stakeholders
- Previous administrative experience in a higher education institution
- Extensive previous experience of administering training programmes
- Experience of collating and analysing complex data
- Experience of administering complex processes
Only Short listed candidates will be contacted if you are seeking a career move but this position is not right for you please browse the other vacancies on our website.