A leading membership organisation and regulatory body (within the medical field) based near Tower Hill are looking for a Communications Officer to assist with building and maintaining the reputation of the organisation.
This role is being offered as a permanent full time role, working 35 hours per week.
Salary: £23,562 to £26,142 per annum
Key Responsibilities -
- Produce weekly Parliamentary update.
- Organise Parliamentary and other stakeholder events as directed by the Communications Manager
- Prepare briefings for Parliamentarians as directed by the Communications Manager.
- Liaise with and respond to enquiries from media, individuals and other organisations, usually via telephone and email, in a timely manner.
- Write press releases, supported by Senior Communications Officer and Media Manager.
- Draft quotes and write comment pieces under supervision.
- Create media lists and distribute press releases.
- Deliver administrative documents in a timely manner - agendas, coverage notes, action notes and ensure they are filed appropriately in the team shared drive.
- Collate and analyse media coverage.
- Upload press releases, responses and statements onto the College website and maintain and update press office information on the website.
Essential Skills -
- Experience of writing for a political audience
- Strong understanding of current affairs and political processes
- Experience of meeting politicians
- Basic knowledge and understanding of social media platforms
- Experience of responding quickly and agilely to media requests
- Experience of computer programmes including (Excel, Word and Photoshop)
CLICK APPLY NOW BELOW - DON'T MISS OUT....