Red Personnel have an exciting new opportunity! Our client, a leading professional membership organisation and regulatory body (within the property and building industry ) are recruiting for a Governance Manager.
The role is a full time role, working full-time 35 hours per week and paying £38,000 to £40,000 plus excellent benefits.
The Governance Manager role is responsible for managing matters relating to the constitutional process and governance and to provide strategic guidance on future development of governance activities.
- Lead the development of the governance function to deliver the most effective governance model in line with the very best practice in the 'not for profit' and professional membership sector.
- Act as the main contact for filing returns and updating administrative details with the Charity Commission and the Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR) including all associated charities.
- Organise all member elections including; General Assembly, Vice-President; Board of Trustees and any ballots required under Charter.
- Co-ordinate appointments to Committees, Panels and wider governance bodies as required.
- Act as Secretary to the Board of Trustees, Nominations Sub-committee, Audit Committee, General Assembly and other boards and committees as required.
- Line management of the Governance Officer.
-Prepare, draft, and circulate papers and agendas, write and distribute meeting minutes and co-ordinate follow up actions.
- A detailed understanding of organisational governance
- A professional (ICSA) qualification or working towards qualification.
- Experience of working in the membership or charitable sectors.
- A detailed appreciation of how a regulatory environment works.
- Excellent written communication skills including report writing and minute taking.
- The ability to work with politically sensitive or confidential information appropriately.
- People management experience.