A leading membership body in it's field of medical care and scientific research is recruiting for a Committee and Finance officer. This is a full-time permanent role paying £27,000 per annum and based in the heart of London.
The Committee and Finance Officer is responsible for contributing to the effective running of the organisation's finance function under the guidance of the Finance Director, whilst supporting the Senior Managers and Board Members.
Core duties of the Committee and Finance Officer:
- Ensure timely invoicing of all income due and email all customers once complete
- Monitor all meetings spreadsheets weekly, adding lunch invoices, telecoms and room hire totals in order to raise sales invoices
- Make sure that customer payment procedure is followed and in line with their requirements
- Look after the credit control function
- Post all nominal transactions such as World pay and all online income
- Assist with management accounts and other finance reports
- Make sure all VAT codes are carefully processed
- Prepare bank reconciliations for the Society
- Keep finance files up to date- Process international payments
- Carry out finance committee duties e.g. minute taking
The Committee and Finance Officer will most likely have:
- Demonstrable finance experience
- Experience in working for a third sector or charitable organisation
- Computer literate with good knowledge of Microsoft office (particularly Excel)
- Experience in using Sage 50 Accounts
- Dealing with subscriptions and invoices
- Strong team working and interpersonal skills in order to interact with a range of internal and external stakeholders
- Minute taking skills
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
If you are interested in applying for this role, please click apply now below.